In Memoriam of Charles T. Spagnola (August 13, 1957 – July 12, 2017)
We are deeply saddened by the passing of our friend,colleague and Founding Partner Charles T. Spagnola. Mr. Spagnola was a world-class lawyer. He made immense contributions to SKT and his clients during his lifetime, and was highly respected both within the firm and by his peers. Charles applied his extraordinary talent and exemplary leadership in countless ways: as a formidable advocate for clients, an inspiring mentor to many, and a strong practice leader. Chuck was widely known for his spirit and eloquence as a trial lawyer who brought his enthusiasm into the courtroom and mesmerized juries.
Mr. Spagnola maintained a robust practice in civil litigation and criminal defense that focused on representing corporations and business professionals in complex contractual disputes, real estate transactions, copyright and trademark litigation, international trade disputes, commercial leasing and acquisition, and white-collar crime. He also had significant experience in trade secret misappropriation and governmental regulatory matters. Charles took more than 100 matters to a jury trial and had advanced skills in alternative dispute resolution, litigation management, organization, negotiation and strategic planning.
Mr. Spagnola received several honors throughout his career including Martindale-Hubble® Law Directory’s highest national peer review rating of “AV” and is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He was also appointed a judicial hearing officer for the City of Long Beach and Los Angeles Superior Court (2003), certified for civil non-jury trials and unlawful detainers. (2005).
Chuck’s many accomplishments and service to SKT have left an enduring imprint on our firm. We will miss him greatly.
Past Professional Affiliations:
• State Bar of California
• Los Angeles Bar Association
• Long Beach Bar Association
• State Bar of California
• U.S. District Court (Central, Eastern & Southern Districts of California)
• U.S. District Court of Arkansas (Western & Eastern Districts)
• U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• Licensed California Real Estate Broker
• South Bay Association of Realtors
• California Association of Realtors®
• National Association of Realtors
Past Representative Clients:
• Berg-Nelson Company
• Saigon Communications, Inc. (Saigon TV)
• Roman Catholic Bishop of Orange
• Clevis Management Group, Inc.
• Absolute Graphic Technology – USA, Inc
• Toca, LLP
• Diamond Drapery Company, Inc.
• Diamond Drapery Installation, Inc.
• Spec-Tex, Inc.
• Soccers Elite Corp.
Past Charitable Interests and Community Service:
• Mr. Spagnola served as the secretary on the Julius Sumner Miller Foundation Board of Trustees, an organization dedicated to helping the elderly.