Catharine W. Yen
Attorney, Immigration Section Chair
Catharine W. Yen manages the immigration department at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola and Klausner, LLP. Ms. Yen primarily focuses her practice on EB-5 investments and has represented clients from around the world. She has filed hundreds of immigration petitions and has 100% approval rate for filed EB-5 petitions. Ms. Yen also advises on preparing investment offerings suitable for EB-5 funding, developing I-924 Regional Center applications, and counseling Regional Centers and developers on ongoing compliance issues. Additionally, Ms. Yen has spoken at national conferences regarding her EB-5 practice, and she has also co-authored several articles on various EB-5 topics.
Ms. Yen has also obtained experience in a wide variety of immigration matters. Ms. Yen has assisted multi-national companies in business immigration matters, such as Hs, Ls, TNs. Additionally, Ms. Yen accepted a pro bono special Immigrant Juvenile case from Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) and was able to successfully obtain a permanent resident card for the child. Ms. Yen also participated in the Immigration Clinic at the University of Houston where she handled cancellation of removal, asylum, and U visa cases.
Ms. Yen was born and raised in Texas before moving to Los Angeles. She is conversant in Mandarin Chinese.
- Rice University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctor
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Asian Pacific Bar Association of Los Angeles.
- State of California
- State of Texas
- “Permissible and Impermissible Guarantees in EB-5” Co-author, EB5 Investors Magazine (November 2016)
- “Evaluating an EB-5 Investor from a Regional center’s Perspective,” Co-author, American Bar Association, Immigration & Naturalization Committee Newsletter, (March 2015)
- “Immigrant Investor Visas: Emergent Trends Around the World,” Co-author, American Bar Association International Law News Journal” (Fall 2014).
- “A Report on Source of Funds: Perils of the Administrative Fee,” Co-author, EB5 Investors Magazine (Spring 2014)
- “My Regional Center is Approved! Now What?” Co-author, EB5 Investors Blog (January 8, 2014)
- “Evolving Escrow: Navigating Delayed USCIS processing times,” Co-author, EB5 Investors Magazine (Winter 2014)
- “Recent Revocations and Enforcement May Change the EB-5 Landscape,” Co-author, IIUSA (June 2013)
- “Top 25 Immigration Attorney of 2017 by EB-5 Investors Magazine”