Ms. Robitaille is the Administrator / Controller of our California Office. She brings 30+ years of hands-on legal experience and integrity to the overall administration and daily operation of SKT.
Risa commenced her career in the legal industry as a legal word processor; subsequently became a legal secretary; put herself through paralegal school and certification; and took courses in accounting and finance while under the tutelage of a CPA in order to rise to the level of a Controller dealing with the financial management of law firms.
Risa’s career has allowed her to work for both Plaintiffs and Defendants in areas of the law including business litigation, civil rights, commercial vehicle/motor carrier, criminal, entity formation, IP, mass tort, medical malpractice, PI, premises liability, product liability, trademark, transportation, and wage & hour matters.
She has extensive expertise in all aspects of discovery and pre-trial preparation, and has been directly engaged in taking more than 100 cases to trial. Risa considers herself a “die hard lit girl”, and is intimate with the day-to-day operations of law firms, case management, and cost effective methods to invoke on behalf of firm clients.
Ms. Robitaille earned her Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from California State University Fullerton, and her Paralegal Certification from the University of Irvine (a 2 year American Bar Association Accredited Program).
Association of Legal Administrators
Andrea Lucero is a paralegal at our Huntington Beach Office with over 22 years of experience working in many different legal fields. Andrea is well versed in family law, civil litigation, corporate law, criminal law, and is quickly gaining experience in SKT’s immigration practice. She loves putting her multifaceted talents and years of experience to work for the various needs of our valued clients. Having lived in Germany for 15 years of her life, Andrea is fluent and bilingual in German and English, is a skilled photographer, and has been serving as a Notary Public for over 16 years.
- National Notary Association
Bao Khang Bui (Michelle Bui) is a paralegal at the SKT office in Vietnam. Ms. Bui gained her valuable legal experience during a previous internship with a consulting company and at a law firm before graduation. She earned a Bachelor of Laws at Ho Chi Minh University, where she also received a scholarship for 3 consecutive years directly from the university.
- 2nd Prize in a student scientific research event (2017)
- 3rd Prize in the VMOOT Competition of Vietnam (2017)
Hong Huynh earned her Bachelor of Criminal Law at the University of Law of Ho Chi Minh City, then obtained her Law Practice Certificate from the Vietnam Ministry of Justice. She advises and represents clients on all legal matters relating to domestic enterprises, foreign-invested enterprises, and Vietnamese individuals residing overseas.
- Advising non-local clients and overseas Vietnamese individuals on civil, marital, wills, and trusts matters;
- Consulting and performing all legal services related to the establishment, amendment, dissolution, and bankruptcy of a company;
- Advising and representing corporations in resolving internal corporate issues;
- Providing legal advice to corporations in civil litigation matters, business law, labor law, and administrative law;
- Consulting corporate clients in immigration matters, including submitting their visa applications and obtaining temporary residence cards and work permits; and
- Assisting foreign companies in tax assessment and tax planning.
- Drafting and preparing letters and pleadings;
- Appearing as an authorized representative in various types of legal proceedings;
- Participating as defense counsel in various types of legal proceedings; and
- Negotiating successful settlements for many clients in the course of participation in legal proceedings.
Clients Represented for Business Consulting:
- Toyota Co, Ltd.
- Mekong Auto Co, Ltd.
- Fairy Park – Mekong Co, Ltd.
- Sopet Gas One Co, Ltd.
- Twin Doves Golf Club
- Daewoo Bus Co, Ltd., Korea
- Fei Yueh Co, Ltd. – Nikko Saigon Hotel, Japan
- Ozora Co, Ltd., Japan
- Korea United Pharm Int’l
- Carboline Co, Ltd., Korea – Damages compensation litigation
- Stamford Vietnam Co, Ltd., Singapore – Commodity trading litigation
- City Clinic Co, Ltd., Singapore – Labor litigation
- Ssangyong Engineering & Construction Co, Ltd., – Construction litigation
Bart Kaspero is one of Orange County’s Top trial attorneys with an outstanding reputation in litigation. He has successfully tried many complex criminal cases. Mr. Kaspero’s expertise also includes international trade and commerce, crypto-currency, cannabis law matters, and blockchain programming.
Mr. Kaspero attended the University of California in Irvine (UCI) for Clinical Psychology, studying human memory, personality theory, and social dynamics. He graduated with Cum Laude Honors and a Bachelors degree in Clinical Psychology. Shortly after graduating, Mr. Kaspero eagerly accepted an employment offer from E*Trade. After his time with the company, he left and headed for Chapman School of Law in sunny Orange County, California. During his time at Chapman, he clerked for Hon. Judge Ngo T. Nguyen (ret.) in the West Justice Center for the CA Superior Court. Mr. Kaspero interned with the City Attorney’s office for Newport Beach where he earned trademark and copyright certifications.
Mr. Kaspero used his leadership skills and reputable legal skills to manage a consulting firm representing and assisting Vietnamese, Korean, and Chinese owned businesses in obtaining commercial licenses. His scope of work included conditional use permits, general plan amendments, zoning amendments, building code violations, ABC licensing, and many other difficult obstacles faced by international businesses.
Mr. Kaspero’s career began in Riverside County as a state-appointed attorney litigating both felony and misdemeanor cases to verdict. As a result, in just one year led 15+ trials that concluded with full acquittals and hung verdicts for his clients. Mr. Kaspero has been in private practice for the last 12 years.
In 2016, Mr. Kaspero earned special certification in BI/DW from UCI. More specifically, by definition ‘the term Business Intelligence (BI) refers to technologies, applications and practices for the collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of business information.’ Doing this eventually led him to develop numerous data mining and analytical tools. He then wrote and published research papers in several journals related to his criminal record privacy and data warehouse knowledge.
Presently, Mr. Kaspero utilizes his expertise in international customs/tariffs laws to navigate compliance, minimize duties owed, and mitigate penalties imposed on importers. Mr. Kaspero’s efforts to guide the firm’s current and potential clients through the cutting-edge and ever-changing world of international trade/innovative businesses are an extremely valuable resource to SKT.
SuperLawyers Magazine Rising Star: 2008, 2009, and 2013 through 2017.
Top 100 Trial Lawyers (NTLA): 2015 through 2018.
Nation’s Top One Percent: 2015 through 2018.
International Technology Law Association, Antitrust, Privacy, Unfair Practices section of the CA state bar, and is involved with the Dean’s Leadership Society of UCI’s award-winning social sciences alumni program.
Biography / Experience:
Chris Wong has over 20 years of litigation experience in both state and federal courts. Mr. Wong has handled cases from inception to discovery through final resolution, if not by settlement, then by dispositive motion, trial, or appeal. Chris has extensive experience with special motions to strike (aka “anti-SLAPP” motions) at both the trial and appellate levels. Before coming to SKT, Mr. Wong spent over a decade handling professional liability defense cases involving a wide range of underlying matters including business and commercial law, family law, intellectual property, trust and estate planning, immigration law, and corporate transactions.
- B.A., Claremont McKenna College
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- State Bar of California
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit
Phuong Anh “Anne” Tran is our Partner in the HCMC Vietnam office. Ms. Tran specializes in corporate and investment law. She has extensive experience in the Healthcare and Real Estate industry. She has held various positions as in-house legal counsel. Ms. Tran has also provided legal advisory services on risk management issues. Ms. Tran obtained her law degree from Ho Chi Minh City University of Law. She is also a licensed Real Estate Broker and a member of the Binh Duong Bar.
Ms. Tran was a legal advisor of the leading hospital group in Vietnam, FV Hospital and she is the former head of the Legal and Compliance Department of TMMC Healthcare Group. Prior to that she worked for the Vietnamese pharmaceutical and biotech corporation, RAAS Corporation with a network of US$16B, and was the lead attorney at the IBL Law Firm.
- FV Hospital in HCMC. Ms. Tran was responsible for formulating the legal framework for the hospital and setting up their legal department. She also worked with the Department of Health on procedural issues for the daily operations of the clinic.
- TMMC Healthcare. As the head of the Legal and Compliance Department for TMMC Healthcare, Ms. Tran was responsible for establishing the legal and corporate framework for the entire company. She managed all investment matters for the company, its subsidiaries, and its shareholders. Under her tenure and with her guidance, TMMC transformed into a large corporation with a complex corporate structure involving four hospitals, one clinic, and one college. There, she led the Mergers and Acquisitions process, negotiating and preparing all financial and corporate transactions and documents. Ms. Tran was responsible for setting up new companies and restructuring the corporate model.
- International Business Law (IBL) and Partners Law Firm. Ms. Tran advised clients on a variety of corporate and real estate issues. She advised on matters relating to the establishment and operation of enterprises and investment projects in Vietnam. Ms. Tran managed, developed and maintained corporate documents for many clients in Vietnam.
- RAAS Corp (Rare Antibody Antigen Supply, Inc.) Ms. Tran was a legal consultant where she drafted and reviewed all the contracts for the corporation. She directed the company in its reorganization, which involved various registration issues.