Attorney & CPA
Our Estate Planning and Tax practice groups are led by Attorney and Certified Public Accountant, Quan A. Vuong.
Quan focuses his practice at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP on wills and trusts, business formations and transactions, and tax planning and representation. As an attorney and Certified Public Accountant, Quan approaches every issue from a legal and accounting perspective. He takes the time to understand the client’s individual circumstances. Quan’s goal is to solve his client’s problems and create a clear solution that considers the various legal and tax consequences. He wants his clients to take comfort in the knowledge that if they have a problem or subsequently pass on, he will be there to help their children and family members with a smooth distribution of assets according to their wishes and winding up the estate.
Quan received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from CSU Fullerton. Quan later earned his Juris Doctorate Degree and LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation from Chapman University School of Law as a Provost Scholar.
Tax and Estate Planning Experience:
- Worked as Tax Counsel for the Board of Equalization
- Researched tax and legal issues regarding clients’ tax positions and transactions
- Prepared & reviewed tax returns for trusts, estates, individuals, corporations, partnerships, & closely held businesses.
- Prepared analysis schedules for various estate planning techniques, such as sales to an IDGT or transfers to ILIT.
- Prepared income tax projections and asset allocation schedules for estate purposes.
- Provided accounting litigation support for trust litigation matters.
- Prepared estate planning documents (living trusts, wills, advance health care directives, power of attorneys).
- Consult and prepared special needs trusts and irrevocable life insurance trusts.
- Administered trusts and probate estates.
- Worked directly with investment advisers and life insurance agents to meet clients’ needs.
- CSU Fullerton-Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting
- Chapman University School of Law (Provost Scholar) Juris Doctorate Degree and LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation
Quan is fluent in English and Vietnamese.