Chris Wong has over 20 years’ litigation experience in both state and federal courts. Chris has handled cases from inception to discovery through final resolution, if not by settlement, then by dispositive motion, trial, or appeal. Chris has extensive experience with special motions to strike (aka “anti-SLAPP” motions) at both the trial and appellate levels. Before coming to Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP, Chris spent over a decade handling professional liability defense cases involving a wide range of underlying matters including business and commercial law, family law, intellectual property, trust and estate planning, immigration law, and corporate transactions.
• B.A., Claremont McKenna College
• J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
• State Bar of California
• Hawaii State Bar Association
• United States District Court for the Central District of California
• United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit
Joseph S. Schuchert is a Partner at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP. Mr. Schuchert joined the firm in 2015, following more than thirty years in the practice of law. Mr. Schuchert has a substantial background in securities law, having served as a principal in a private equity fund, a hedge fund, and a family investment office.
Mr. Schuchert continues his emphasis on securities and corporate law, representing corporations and their founders in a broad range of corporate and litigation matters.
In 2017, Mr. Schuchert was appointed as a law lecturer at UC Irvine School of Law, teaching “Alternative Investments- Diverse Legal Issues in an Expanding Asset”.
Mr. Schuchert resides in Southern California with his wife. They are passionate in their support of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and are members of the Peninsula Committee Children’s Hospital.Read More
Kristi Ngo is an associate attorney at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP. Her diverse background includes immigration law, family law, criminal defense, and civil litigation. Ms. Ngo received her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from University of California, Irvine. She subsequently earned her Juris Doctor from Chapman University School of Law with an emphasis in Advocacy and Dispute Resolution. Furthermore, Ms. Ngo is fluent in Vietnamese.
• California bar
• United States District Court for the Central District of California
• Helped hundreds of families unite through family-based petitions and appellate-related work.
• Has assisted individuals and companies in various employment-based and investment-based immigration matters, including L-1 intracompany transferee visa and EB-5 investment visa.
• Drafts rebuttals, appellate briefs, and motions to reconsider or reopen USCIS decisions.
• Experienced in adjustment of status and consular processing.
• Successfully defended clients before Immigration Court in deportation and removal actions.
• Represented foreign beneficiaries whose United States relative sponsors passed away before receipt of immigrant statuses. Resulted in humanitarian restatement of immigration petitions and green cards for all beneficiaries.
• Advised and assisted foreign beneficiaries on waivers of grounds of inadmissibility based on immigration misrepresentation and criminal history.
• Litigates marital dissolution, paternity, and domestic violence actions.
• Represented spouse in a marital dissolution action involving over a million dollars in assets. Resulted in favorable settlement with permanent spousal support and no reimbursement for Watts charges and Epstein credits.
• Represented owner of national technology company accused of breach of contract and fraud. Resulted in a favorable settlement for less than 10% of damages sought.
• Represented defendant in a conversion action involving high compensatory and punitive damages. Resulted in dismissal of case with prejudice at demurrer stage.
• Clerked for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, Family Protection Unit.
Attorney & CPA
Our Estate Planning and Tax practice groups are led by Attorney and Certified Public Accountant, Quan A. Vuong.
Quan focuses his practice at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP on wills and trusts, business formations and transactions, and tax planning and representation. As an attorney and Certified Public Accountant, Quan approaches every issue from a legal and accounting perspective. He takes the time to understand the client’s individual circumstances. Quan’s goal is to solve his client’s problems and create a clear solution that considers the various legal and tax consequences. He wants his clients to take comfort in the knowledge that if they have a problem or subsequently pass on, he will be there to help their children and family members with a smooth distribution of assets according to their wishes and winding up the estate.
Quan received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from CSU Fullerton. Quan later earned his Juris Doctorate Degree and LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation from Chapman University School of Law as a Provost Scholar.
Tax and Estate Planning Experience:
- Worked as Tax Counsel for the Board of Equalization
- Researched tax and legal issues regarding clients’ tax positions and transactions
- Prepared & reviewed tax returns for trusts, estates, individuals, corporations, partnerships, & closely held businesses.
- Prepared analysis schedules for various estate planning techniques, such as sales to an IDGT or transfers to ILIT.
- Prepared income tax projections and asset allocation schedules for estate purposes.
- Provided accounting litigation support for trust litigation matters.
- Prepared estate planning documents (living trusts, wills, advance health care directives, power of attorneys).
- Consult and prepared special needs trusts and irrevocable life insurance trusts.
- Administered trusts and probate estates.
- Worked directly with investment advisers and life insurance agents to meet clients’ needs.
- CSU Fullerton-Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting
- Chapman University School of Law (Provost Scholar) Juris Doctorate Degree and LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation
Quan is fluent in English and Vietnamese.
Ms. Michelle White is the lead family law paralegal at our Los Angeles County office. Ms. White first started working in the legal field as a legal secretary in 1987 and quickly to a paralegal. Having over 30 years of experience in the legal field, Ms. White is well versed in divorce, alimony, child support, visitation, domestic violence, child custody and adoption. In her spare time Ms. White enjoys reading and spending time with friends.Read More
Kendya Wyatt Paralegal at the Los Angeles County office. Kendya handles many cases across the spectrum of Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense, and Family Law cases. After her seven-year career as a Customer Services Supervisor at the Consumer Resource Network, she obtained a Paralegal Certificate from Charter College in Long Beach. Kendya began with the firm as a File Clerk and was promoted to Paralegal in 2015. Ms. Wyatt handles the Personal Injury cases as well as some Family Law cases and serves as a very important member of our team. Ms. Wyatt has also served as a Notary Public since February 2016.
In her spare time, Ms. Wyatt enjoys watching and playing basketball with her husband of fourteen years.Read More
Phoebe Ortega is the Legal Secretary in our Los Angeles County office, has quickly become a valuable member of our team. As Legal Secretary, Phoebe is the primary point of contact for customer service at the Los Angeles County office. In addition to welcoming clients, juggling phone calls, and making tea, Phoebe can seamlessly handle any task that’s thrown her direction.
Phoebe is incredibly smart, creative, and hardworking and is seemingly never in anything but a great mood. Phoebe enjoys being part of the Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP team because everyone has a caring and positive attitude toward each other, the clients, and everyone who walks through the door.Read More
File Clerk & Paralegal
Tanya Stewart is the File Clerk for our Long Beach office where she leads and directs all document filing. Tanya serves a very important role at SKT by providing critical support and document organization that helps prepare our attorneys when they are working on a case. Tanya is fluent in both English and Spanish, and often translates documents and serves as an interpreter for our Spanish-speaking clients.
Tanya received her certificate in Paralegal Studies from Charter College in 2013. Before graduating, she completed her internship at a well-regarded Family/Immigration Law Firm where she was later offered to work as a Contract Paralegal/ Interpreter. In 2014, Tanya started working at an Immigration/Estate Planning Law Firm, where she acted as the liaison between the attorneys and their clients.
Tanya loves being a part of the Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP team and being able to make a difference in our client’s lives. In her free time, Tanya enjoys spending time with her husband and their two children hiking new trails with gorgeous views.Read More
Controller & HR Manager
Ms. Alvarez brings her professionalism and work ethic to us from California State University, Long Beach where she obtained a degree in finance. Ms. Alvarez’s role at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner,LLP is as the Human Resources Manager and Bookkeeper.
Ms. Alvarez’s role is vital to the operation of the firm as she is in charge of the day-to-day operations of Human Resources and Bookkeeping. Additional to the importance of her occupation, her spirited demeanor is appreciated as her daily energy invigorates the staff with a positive outlook, which helps our staff perform at its best.Read More