Chris Wong has over 20 years’ litigation experience in both state and federal courts. Chris has handled cases from inception to discovery through final resolution, if not by settlement, then by dispositive motion, trial, or appeal. Chris has extensive experience with special motions to strike (aka “anti-SLAPP” motions) at both the trial and appellate levels. Before coming to Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP, Chris spent over a decade handling professional liability defense cases involving a wide range of underlying matters including business and commercial law, family law, intellectual property, trust and estate planning, immigration law, and corporate transactions.
• B.A., Claremont McKenna College
• J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
• State Bar of California
• Hawaii State Bar Association
• United States District Court for the Central District of California
• United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit
Judeus B. Itutud is a well-respected attorney at ODLC Law, our member practice firm in Manila, Philippines. Jude has particular focus in immigration, corporate, and international law. Jude is not only an honor graduate of the University of the Philippines, but he also serves as a professor in Philippine Christian University, where he obtained his law degree. Judeus B. Itutud is a valuable member of ODLC Law, and is equally important to our entire International team of Attorneys.
- University of the Philippines
- Philippine Christian University
Phuong Anh “Anne” Tran is our lead attorney in our HCMC Vietnam office. Ms. Tran specializes in corporate and investment law. She has extensive experience in the Healthcare and Real Estate industry. She has had various positions as in-house legal as well as external legal advisor for risk management issues. Ms. Tran has her law degree from Ho Chi Minh City University of Law. In addition, Ms. Tran has a Real Estate Broker Certificate from Open University, Ho Chi Minh City and is a member of Binh Duong Bar.
FV Hospital in HCMC. Ms. Tran was responsible for formulating the legal framework for the hospital and setting up their legal department. She also worked with the Department of Health on issues related to procedures for the operation of the clinic.
TMMC Healthcare. As the Head of Legal and Compliance for TMMC Healthcare, Ms. Tran set up the department and established the legal and corporate framework for the entire company. She managed all investment and governance matters for the company, its subsidiaries and its shareholders. Under her tenure and with her guidance, TMMC transformed into large corporation with a complicated corporate structure involving four hospitals, one clinic and one college. There, she led the Mergers and Acquisitions process, and she negotiated and prepared all M and A documents, financing documents and corporate documents. Ms. Tran was responsible for setting up new companies, changing legal representatives and restructuring the corporate model. She was responsible for drafting and reviewing all contracts. She advised the departments in the hospital on all legal and regulatory issues.
International Business Law (IBL) and Partners Law Firm..Ms. Tran was a legal consultant where she drafted and reviewed all the contracts for the corporation. She advised the company regarding a complete reorganization, including dissolution and change in business and dealt with various registration issues.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management, Cambridge
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA
- The Phoenix High School Of New York
Joseph S. Schuchert is a Partner at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP. Mr. Schuchert joined the firm in 2015, following more than thirty years in the practice of law. Mr. Schuchert has a substantial background in securities law, having served as a principal in a private equity fund, a hedge fund, and a family investment office.
Mr. Schuchert continues his emphasis on securities and corporate law, representing corporations and their founders in a broad range of corporate and litigation matters.
In 2017, Mr. Schuchert was appointed as a law lecturer at UC Irvine School of Law, teaching “Alternative Investments- Diverse Legal Issues in an Expanding Asset”.
Mr. Schuchert resides in Southern California with his wife. They are passionate in their support of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and are members of the Peninsula Committee Children’s Hospital.Read More
Kristi Ngo is an associate attorney at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP. Her diverse background includes immigration law, family law, criminal defense, and civil litigation. Ms. Ngo received her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from University of California, Irvine. She subsequently earned her Juris Doctor from Chapman University School of Law with an emphasis in Advocacy and Dispute Resolution. Furthermore, Ms. Ngo is fluent in Vietnamese.
• California bar
• United States District Court for the Central District of California
• Helped hundreds of families unite through family-based petitions and appellate-related work.
• Has assisted individuals and companies in various employment-based and investment-based immigration matters, including L-1 intracompany transferee visa and EB-5 investment visa.
• Drafts rebuttals, appellate briefs, and motions to reconsider or reopen USCIS decisions.
• Experienced in adjustment of status and consular processing.
• Successfully defended clients before Immigration Court in deportation and removal actions.
• Represented foreign beneficiaries whose United States relative sponsors passed away before receipt of immigrant statuses. Resulted in humanitarian restatement of immigration petitions and green cards for all beneficiaries.
• Advised and assisted foreign beneficiaries on waivers of grounds of inadmissibility based on immigration misrepresentation and criminal history.
• Litigates marital dissolution, paternity, and domestic violence actions.
• Represented spouse in a marital dissolution action involving over a million dollars in assets. Resulted in favorable settlement with permanent spousal support and no reimbursement for Watts charges and Epstein credits.
• Represented owner of national technology company accused of breach of contract and fraud. Resulted in a favorable settlement for less than 10% of damages sought.
• Represented defendant in a conversion action involving high compensatory and punitive damages. Resulted in dismissal of case with prejudice at demurrer stage.
• Clerked for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, Family Protection Unit.
Attorney & CPA
Our Estate Planning and Tax practice groups are led by Attorney and Certified Public Accountant, Quan A. Vuong.
Quan focuses his practice at Schuchert, Krieger, Truong, Spagnola & Klausner, LLP on wills and trusts, business formations and transactions, and tax planning and representation. As an attorney and Certified Public Accountant, Quan approaches every issue from a legal and accounting perspective. He takes the time to understand the client’s individual circumstances. Quan’s goal is to solve his client’s problems and create a clear solution that considers the various legal and tax consequences. He wants his clients to take comfort in the knowledge that if they have a problem or subsequently pass on, he will be there to help their children and family members with a smooth distribution of assets according to their wishes and winding up the estate.
Quan received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from CSU Fullerton. Quan later earned his Juris Doctorate Degree and LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation from Chapman University School of Law as a Provost Scholar.
Tax and Estate Planning Experience:
- Worked as Tax Counsel for the Board of Equalization
- Researched tax and legal issues regarding clients’ tax positions and transactions
- Prepared & reviewed tax returns for trusts, estates, individuals, corporations, partnerships, & closely held businesses.
- Prepared analysis schedules for various estate planning techniques, such as sales to an IDGT or transfers to ILIT.
- Prepared income tax projections and asset allocation schedules for estate purposes.
- Provided accounting litigation support for trust litigation matters.
- Prepared estate planning documents (living trusts, wills, advance health care directives, power of attorneys).
- Consult and prepared special needs trusts and irrevocable life insurance trusts.
- Administered trusts and probate estates.
- Worked directly with investment advisers and life insurance agents to meet clients’ needs.
- CSU Fullerton-Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting
- Chapman University School of Law (Provost Scholar) Juris Doctorate Degree and LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation
Quan is fluent in English and Vietnamese.